Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade it to the latest version or download a freeware browser Chrome for correct working with website.
- Decking should be installed using a maximum 16” on center
- Decking should be installed using a maximum 12” on center if completed diagonally.
- Install decking using a 12-inch on center maximum span for stairs. Deck boards used as stair treads shall be installed in a minimum two-span condition.
- Install 2 deck screws at each joist or use another VEKA approved fastening method; See Approved Fasteners.
- Each screw should be placed 1 inch in from the edge and end of the board.
- Width to width spacing between board for drainage & ease of sweeping/cleaning should be at least 1/8 of an inch.
Space between boards
- End to end spacing should be at least 3/16” in order to allow for expansion during cold weather installations
- Double joists are required wherever deck boards are installed end to end.
- Make sure that the embossed grain patterns of the wood are laying in the same direction.