Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade it to the latest version or download a freeware browser Chrome for correct working with website.
Timbertech Pros and Cons
TimberTech decking advantages
- TimberTech is one of the few brands that produce PVC decking. So far, it is considered the best material for decking.
- The brand offers one of the longest guarantees on the market. So, for PVC boards from the AZEK line, there is a lifetime warranty. The collections from the TimberTech PRO line have a 35-year warranty, while the inexpensive Timbertech EDGE collections are covered by a 25-year warranty.
- The deck covering protects the boards from fading and helps to maintain a rich color. The color retention is backed by a 50-year guarantee for PVC decking. For composite decking, the warranty ranges from 25 to 30 years depending on the collection.
- TimberTech offers a wide variety of colors to create a unique deck design.
- The manufacturer creates a high-quality texture of the decking. So, for TimberTech Azek, the pattern on the board is drawn manually. This gives the board a natural look.
- The PRO and AZEK lines have a four-sided coating. The Edge collections are coated on 3 sides.
- The coating is made so that its surface is not slippery.
- Decks from the PRO and AZEK lines have protection against decay; they can be installed near ponds and pools.
TimberTech decking disadvantages
- The price of TimberTech boards is above average. The boards from the AZEK collection are quite expensive, but they compensate for the cost with a lifetime warranty.
- The decking heats up in the sun, especially dark-colored boards.
- Composite boards from the TimberTech Edge collections contain a woody component, so it is best not to install them near bodies of water.
- Decking from inexpensive collections can scratch over time.