Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade it to the latest version or download a freeware browser Chrome for correct working with website.
Trex decking: pros and cons
Trex decking pros:
- Trex composite boards prices are reasonable. A board from the inexpensive Trex Enhance Basics collection costs only $30.
- The brand gives a long-term product warranty. Trex boards last 25 years when installed for a residential building. The commercial warranty is 10 years.
- The decking does not need to be painted. It does not fade over time. The manufacturer gives a 25-year warranty for this.
- Each Trex collection has a railing collection that matches the deck perfectly.
- Trex offers a unique concealed mount system. It makes easy to install the deck yourself.
- The deck is maintenance-free. To keep it clean, it is enough to wash boards once a year with warm soapy water.
- Trex is the first brand to patent a composite decking technology made from sawdust and recycled plastics.
Trex decking cons:
- Trex is specialized in composite decking only. The brand does not create pvc decking materials.
- The brand has only three collections, which limits the design of the deck.
- Composite decking is heated in the sun.
- Decks from cheaper collections can get scratched if handled roughly.
- It is not recommended to install the decking in damp areas, because this can cause mold in the core of the board.