Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade it to the latest version or download a freeware browser Chrome for correct working with website.
Trex decking: pros and cons
Trex decking pros:
- Trex composite boards prices are reasonable. A board from the inexpensive Trex Enhance Basics collection costs only $30.
- The brand gives a long-term product warranty. Trex boards last 25 years when installed for a residential building. The commercial warranty is 10 years.
- The decking does not need to be painted. It does not fade over time. The manufacturer gives a 25-year warranty for this.
- Each Trex collection has a railing collection that matches the deck perfectly.
- Trex offers a unique concealed mount system. It makes easy to install the deck yourself.
- The deck is maintenance-free. To keep it clean, it is enough to wash boards once a year with warm soapy water.
- Trex is the first brand to patent a composite decking technology made from sawdust and recycled plastics.
Trex decking cons:
- Trex is specialized in composite decking only. The brand does not create pvc decking materials.
- The brand has only three collections, which limits the design of the deck.
- Composite decking is heated in the sun.
- Decks from cheaper collections can get scratched if handled roughly.
- It is not recommended to install the decking in damp areas, because this can cause mold in the core of the board.
Check out personally all the advantages and disadvantages of the Trex decking. Order a sample of Trex board to be sure of the quality of the material!