Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade it to the latest version or download a freeware browser Chrome for correct working with website.
Siberian Larch Pros & Cons
- Relatively low cost (compare to Ipe Decking and Garapa Decking as well as Maintenance free decking).
- Great resistance to mold and decay – lasts 30+ years and at least double the life span of knotty Western Red Cedar
- Fewer knots (by at least 50%) than you would find in Knotty Western Red Cedar decking
- Higher toughness and bending strength than that of other softwood decking species (pressure treated pine or Western Red Cedar)
- Available in both grooved and non-grooved boards
- Less dimensionally stable than Ipe and Garapa
- Requires regular oiling to prevent it from going grey